Thursday, November 10, 2011

Felicity and Rob

I remember answering my phone the first time I spoke to Felicity. The thing that struck me most about her was her warmth and enthusiasm. We chatted on the phone and we had an instant connection. I knew I wanted to photograph the wedding for her and Rob and I am so very, very grateful that I was chosen to document their special day.



Felicity told me that the wedding was on a wednesday night. Mmmmm, ok, a bit unusual I thought, but some people just like to break from tradition. But I couldn't have know how sentimental and beautiful the reasoning behind that wednesday night ceremony was. In fact these two had been together for ten years. They have a gorgeous ( and I do really mean gorgeous!) 7 year old, Harrison. He and dad had proposed at home to Felicity. It was where they also wanted their wedding to be, to demonstrate their strong family bond. They had decided the date would be the tenth anniversary of their very first kiss!!! How lovely is that?!


They also have a doggy called Felix. This puppy is like their second child. He is very much loved. He goes to work with Felicity and Rob, he is a big sook and brings you toys, soft toys that most dogs would chew up, when you come to visit!! They wanted Felix to also be part of their day. He was very excited, and a bit sad that he had to stay in his little fenced in area for some of the day.



The day was spent with the family getting ready together, walking down the aisle together and sharing the ceremony as a family. It was so touching. I almost cried in a few spots! This gorgeous fun couple wanted me to capture the joy and the essence of the day and I hope I did that for them. It was not hard, because this is a family so obviously full of love for each other, and for life. A family with a "laugh yourself silly" canvas in a their kitchen is a family you want to be around. So thankyou all of you for sharing your day with me, it means so much. xx























No comments:

Post a Comment